Welcome to Issue 5 of the Better Guide! The Summer Edition!
This is my monthly guide-- a most-random resource list of all things food, drink, faith, fitness, and fun. I publish this guide at the end of every month (consider it a wrap-up of the last 30 or so days) and I am making a single promise to you in creating and curating the resource list: I promise to seek the better. I promise to gather resources, apps, news, and test them out first. I’ll be the guinea pig, ready to report back my findings. I promise not to report things that are fake, way too much money, or will ultimately do nothing for your life but distract you. Life is precious and I ain’t toying with your hours nor could I ever, in good conscience, recommend a $600 gym bag to you. I promise to be fair, real, transparent, and ultimately focused on the better. Better health. Better work. Better relationships. All the better.
Better Beach Trips.
- I love a good beach chair but this "beach mat" is innovative! If Lane and I plan a beach trip this year then I am definitely adding this to the Amazon cart!
- For too many years, I didn't invest in a beach towel. I would grab a towel from the bathroom and head for the beach. Last summer, I made the plunge and ordered "his" and "hers" towels early. The towels I found myself admiring were out-of-this-world expensive but, like always, Amazon saved the day! This is my go-to towel now. It's spacious, stylish, CIRCULAR (!!!), and super affordable!
- If you're like me then you burn pretty easily... this cool invention is the perfect way to get all the sun but switch into the shade whenever you feel the redness coming on.
Better Beach Reads.
- Woah... This book. is. trippy. and. dark. I read it in the span of two days and I was absolutely hooked from start to finish.
- Currently reading... I cannot get enough of Louisa Clarke. I will follow the girl anywhere!
- If you're a fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette like me then I suggest this poolside read.
- Self-reflection whilst sun-bathing is always a MUST for me.
- I don't know about you but the summer, for me, means lots of showers, weddings + celebrations. My favorite! This month I am planning a bridal show for a girlfriend of mine and Paperless Post absolutely came to the rescue. I can't recommend this digital invitation service enough! We all lead busy lives and if you are in a pinch for time to mail out invites- this is the way to go. You get to design the cards, send them via email, and then track the responses. It's RSVPs made easy and I. Am. Hooked!
- Can't remember when is the last time I shopped here but I love this trendy little swimsuit.
- Target nails it when it comes to swimsuits. This one is too, too cute.
- I'm a sucker for suits that are unique.
- Classy + cute for the people who want a low-cost bathing suit that looks high fashion.
Need a night to just chill and unplug from the rest of the world? Fear not, Netflix has you covered with the following newbies:
- He Named Me Malala (June 1)
- Grey's Anatomy, Season 14 (June 16)
- The Staircase (Currently watching and it's for any of the true crime lovers out there)
Better Date Nights.
- How freaking cute is this?! First off, just discovered this site and I am absolutely addicted to it! But I am definitely making this before the summer ends. Perfect for a summer picnic in the park.
- Need some new date night ideas? Here's 50 for ya!
- A friend gifted Lane and I with this subscription last year and it's perfect for enjoying a night in or bringing a treat to a party!
- A simple yet refreshing brunch/poolside drink.
- This is definitely on my list to try this summer.
- Starting mashing my morning coffee + protein shake together and I am never going back.
- Loving these festive mocktails with one common ingredient: LaCroix!
- Absolute yum.
- Dying to try this out... Doesn't look too complex but you definitely need the food processor!
- Fresh + ready for you to double dip :)